What’s new in this version?
If Listary 6 is not working correctly after upgrading from Listary 5, try to uninstall it, reboot, and then reinstall.
- New: New: Use Full Pinyin to search for files and Fuzzy Full Pinyin to search for applications
- New: Auto updater will show changelog for the next update
- New: Support Windows 11 multi-tab File Explorer
- New: Add a beta channel option for updates
- Improved: Improve Action stability and performance
- New: New user interface – Elegant and effective, beauty in every pixel and color
- New: New search and sorting algorithm
- New: Web search with live suggestions
- New: Preview
- New: Full HiDPI support
- New: Execute a search result using Ctrl + Num hotkey
- New: Show Quick Switch folder after opening a file dialog
- New: Disable double Ctrl automatically for full-screen games and apps.
- New: Customize folder priorities and file name priorities using regex.
- Improved: Better compatibility with recent Windows 10 updates.
- New: List file search results first if query begins with space.
- Improved: Improve compatibility with XYplorer.
- Improved: Improve compatibility with Directory Opus.
- Improved: Improve compatibility with Total Commander.
- Improved: Improve compatibility with Autodesk apps.
- Fixed: Fix possible wrong search bar position on a dual monitor setup.
- Fixed: Fix sending an extra separator when opening a folder in Total Commander sometimes.
- Fixed: Fix that “Disable Listary” confirm message can’t pop up on apps running as admin.
- Fixed: Fix some performance issues.
- Fixed: General bug fixes.
- New: Better Windows 10 anniversary update support.
- New: Now you can use spaces when searching for apps.
- New: Add EF Commander support.
- New: Show files when auto-expanding favorite folders in menus.
- Improved: Improve search result sorting.
- Improved: Open toolbar in Explorer when pressing hotkey if find-as-you-type is disabled.
- Fixed: Listary is activated unexpectedly when using pinch-zoom on Synaptics touchpads.
- Fixed: Listary can’t get current folder path from XYplorer when Live Filter Box is visible.
- Fixed: Currently Opened Folders doesn’t work in Total Commander 64.
- Fixed: Other bug fixes.
- New: Press Ctrl twice to show/hide Listary.
- New: Completely redesign Launch Apps.
- New: Theme support! 17 beautiful themes and a theme editor included. Check Options – Appearance.
- New: Send to. You can now send a search result using Windows “Send to” menu or send it to any folder via search. Default hotkey
- New: Custom Actions. Check Listary Options – Actions.
- New: Use a hotkey to execute an action directly.
- New: Search web and open websites. Check Options – Keywords – Web.
- New: Redesign UI.
- New: Press
Ctrl+Enterto open parent folder of a search result directly.
- New: New action to set keyword for a search result directly.
- New: Set keywords for folders. Use keywords to open your mostly used folders easily.
- New: Redesign “App Settings” tab in Options.
- New: Drag the left border of the toolbar to change its location (launcher mode only).
- New: Open with. Default hotkey
- New: Search results hotkeys (next item, previous item, actions) are configurable in Options – Hotkeys.
- New: New command
mkdir folder_nameto create a new folder.
- New: Add a default keyword
optto open Listary Options.
- New: Batch add websites, folders and custom commands in Options – Keywords.
- New: Support apps running as administrator even if Listary is started normally.
- New: Add many useful system commands. Check Options – Keywords – Custom.
- New: “Open Folder” now automatically selects the search result file.
- New: Only search specific extensions for Launch Apps.
- New: Support launching Windows Store Apps on Windows 8/10.
- New: Support
- New: Add more tips.
- New: Support mouse scroll on Windows 10 without changing system setting.
- New: Add environment variable support for folder paths.
- New: Add environment variable support for custom commands.
- New: Add XYplorer Free support.
- New: Add SpeedCommander support.
- New: Add One Commander support.
- New: Update tutorial for Listary 5.
- New: Show tips of available variables for action and custom command parameters.
- New: Add default file manager templates.
- Improved: Lots of performance improvements.
- Improved: Search results sorting.
- Improved: Directory Opus compatibility.
- Improved: Search results are updated with a much less delay.
- Improved: Change default hotkey to
Win+Fon Windows 10.
- Improved: Use system Explorer pane setting when opening new Explorer windows.
- Improved: Open to launcher mode directly when pressing hotkey in Explorer.
- Improved: Prevent backspace from closing Listary toolbar.
- Improved: Listary will try to recover from disk search index failures automatically.
- Improved: History now saves your search query. The next time you want to launch the same item, you only need to type a prefix.
- Improved: Improve Total Commander support.
- Improved: Improve AutoCAD support.
- Improved: Improve XYplorer flat mode support.
- Improved: Many other usability improvements.
- Improved: Improve search results window layout on small monitors.
Tabkey can now be used to both auto-complete a keyword and select the next item.
- Fixed: Some third-party context menu extensions may crash Listary.
- Fixed: Launched apps don’t get input focus correctly sometimes.
- Fixed: Wrong start folder of “cmda” command.
- Fixed: “Open parent folder” doesn’t work on desktop.
- Fixed: Listary doesn’t work fully on some apps running as admin (e.g. Task Manager and Services).
- Fixed: Cannot launch shortcuts created by 64-bit apps.
- Fixed: Many other bug fixes.